Late September, 2018: Instructions for processing 2019 STAR Student nominations online and information regarding the website housing the revised STAR Manual and the Student Nomination Form, are sent to principals and high school STAR contacts in late September.
The STAR Timeline is sent to Sponsors and Region Chairs in October.
October 17, 2018 – Online 2019 PAGE STAR Student nomination website is open to receive nominations.
November 3, 2018 – Last SAT Test Date for 2019 STAR
December 7, 2018 – DEADLINE: Deadline for online completion of STAR Student and STAR Teacher nominations is December 7, 2018. It is imperative that the counselor review the procedure on the Instruction Sheet to ensure that the STAR Student is not advised of his or her status until the online process is completed and official confirmation is received online. If the school has not heard from the PAGE office regarding a questionable nominee by January 14, 2019, the student and teacher submitted are the declared STAR Student and Teacher.
January 14, 2019: PAGE STAR Provides Names of Winners to Sponsors Only
- The PAGE STAR office sends the names of the high school winners and system winners to local sponsors only.
- Certificates and a list of Region recognition events are provided in this communication to sponsors.
- Local sponsors contact high schools to set their local recognitions and announce STAR winners to the news media and community.
- Should a school need to announce the winner earlier than scheduled (example: Awards Day), the school should contact the sponsor and arrange details.
- January 14 is the earliest possible date to provide names due to the time necessary to verify and process nominations and send the results to sponsors.
January 22 – February 21, 2019 – Local Recognitions: Local recognitions should be held between January 22 and February 21. (February 21 is the last possible date to hold local recognitions due to lead time needed for region chairs to organize region recognitions.)
February 27 – March 22, 2019 – Region Recognitions: Region recognitions should be held between February 27 and March 22. (March 22 is the last possible date to allow time for region winners to file biographical data required by the judges for the state competition.)
State PAGE STAR Banquet: April 29, 2019 – Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, 1775 Pleasant Hill Rd, Duluth, GA 30096.
Awards and Scholarships
High School Winners
- Guests of local sponsors at the local recognition events
- High school PAGE STAR winner certificates
- Special memento presented only to local winners who attend the State PAGE STAR Banquet
School System Winners
- Guests of local sponsors at recognition events
- Scholarships/awards – optional for local sponsor (Several local sponsors present scholarships/awards to local STAR winners.)
- System PAGE STAR winner certificates
- Guests of local sponsors at region recognition
- Region Winner certificates presented at region recognition
- Hand blown glass stars presented at State PAGE STAR Banquet
- Cash awards presented at region recognition
State Winners & Runners-up
- Etched crystal award
- Cash scholarships and awards