The PAGE Georgia Academic Decathlon 2020 State Competition will be held Friday and Saturday, February 28-29, 2020, at Parkview High School. Team check-in is from 3:30-4:00 p.m. on the 28th. Please pay special attention to the TEAM drop-off and parking map.
- Directions and maps to the Gwinnett Place Sonesta and Parkview High School
- Parkview Campus TEAM drop-off and parking map
- Parkview Campus VOLUNTEER parking map
State Competition Registration Packet
- State Competition Team Memo – Please read this memo carefully and in its entirety. There have been many changes made regarding important issues.
- Code of Student Conduct, Dress Code, General Rules – pgs 73-75 of State Competition section in Coaches Manual – Answers to many frequently asked questions can be found in these documents.
The Intent to Participate and Preliminary Rosters are due by January 21. The remaining forms in the State Competition Registration Packet are due on or around February 1. Please type directly on the forms when possible.
All of the forms that need to be returned are either online forms or have been uploaded as Word, .pdf or Excel documents. Save them to your computer, sign (e-signatures are allowed) and return them. Please type directly on the forms whenever possible.
The Return Cover Sheet provides school level information and is a check-list for your reference. All items must be returned/submitted by February 1 (unless a different date is noted on the form). Because of some past issues with our fax service we prefer that you return your documents via email email@example.com. You will receive an emailed confirmation of receipt. If you must fax your info and do NOT receive a confirmation after sending a fax please contact Michelle.
- Return Cover Sheet – please note correct fax number 1-866-255-4359
- State Coaches’ Agreement
- Team Registration
- Official Team Roster – Excel spreadsheet
- USAD GPA Calculation page (includes training, sample and worksheet documents)
- GPA Transcript Evaluation Worksheet (direct link to USAD Excel document)
- Student Registration/Parent Permission Form
- Request for Special Needs/Consideration
- Awards Banquet – Reservation Form
- Hotel Information -DO NOT make your reservations online
- Hotel Reservation and Rooming List – February 3 deadline
- Request for Student Replacement
- T-Shirt Order Form – online form (due by Feb 1 – order will be placed with vendor by Feb 4)
GAD Honor Cord Orders – Links to the online store. Please place orders by May 1. If you order Honor Cords before State Competition we can fill your order at Check-in.
Essay and Art Testing at State Competition
The Essay and Art practice login and testing takes place two or three weeks prior to competition. Coaches, be sure to read over ALL of the below instructions and everything we will email to you. Practice logins may take place any time from 8 a.m. Monday, February 3 through 6 p.m. Tuesday, February 4. The Round 3 Essay and Art test window will be open on Wednesday, February 5 and Thursday, February 6 from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. We recommend you plan to test on Wednesday just in case there are any issues.
Instructions, logins and passwords will be sent to District Coordinators and Coaches. District Coordinators and/or Coaches are responsible for making sure proctors have all of the necessary paperwork. Please give your IT department enough time to ensure that there will be no problems during testing.
The Coach CAN NOT Proctor the Art Test or Essay Competition. The Coach may assist with the practice login and should be present as the students are arriving and logging in on competition day but must LEAVE the room prior to testing. The Coach should be available to the Proctor in case of any questions and to sign the Reporting Form.
State Competition Schedules
These documents are from LAST YEAR and to be used as a reference only. The 2020 documents will be posted AFTER all teams have submitted their registration forms on Feb 1.
The official 2020 information will also be included in the State Competition Handbook which you will receive when you check in at competition.
All schools advancing to state competition will be divided into two groups based on school enrollment: Division I (large), and Division II (small). The division assignments may vary from year to year based on a natural break between the teams advancing to state competition in any given year.
Following all competitive events at state competition, a championship team in each division will be identified. The division champion will be determined as the one with the highest total score for all ten events. The two team members having the highest score in each category (Honor, Scholastic, Varsity) will be counted into the team’s total score for all ten events.
The overall championship team is the division winner with the highest team score. This team will be crowned the State Champion and be the recipient of the Howard Stroud trophy. They will earn the privilege of representing Georgia at the USAD National Finals. The next highest scoring team in a different USAD division than the State Champion will be invited to participate in the USAD Division IV National Finals.
State Champion schools advancing to national competition will be divided into three divisions known as Division I (large), Division II (medium), and Division III (small).