The PAGE Georgia Academic Decathlon 2019 State Competition will be held Friday and Saturday, February 22-23, 2019, at Parkview High School.
- Directions and maps to the Gwinnett Place Sonesta and Parkview High School
- Parkview Campus TEAM drop-off and parking map
- Parkview Campus VOLUNTEER parking map
State Competition Registration Packet
- State Competition Team Memo – Please read this memo carefully and in its entirety. There have been many changes made regarding important issues.
The Intent to Participate and Preliminary Rosters are due by January 28. The remaining forms in the State Competition Registration Packet are due on or around February 1. Please type directly on the forms when possible.
All of the forms that need to be returned have been uploaded as Word.docx or Excel documents. Save them to your computer, sign (e-signatures are allowed) and return them. Please type directly on the forms whenever possible.
Use the “Return Cover Sheet” as a check-list. All items must be returned/submitted by February 1 (unless a different date is noted on the form). Because of some past issues with our fax service we prefer that you return your documents via email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an emailed confirmation of receipt. If you do NOT receive a confirmation after sending a fax please contact Michelle.
- Return Cover Sheet – please note correct fax number 1-866-255-4359
- State Coaches’ Agreement
- Team Registration – 2 pages (2nd page includes State Registration Fee information)
- Request for Special Needs/Consideration
- Student Registration/Parent Permission Form
- Code of Student Conduct, Dress Code, General Rules – pgs 73-75 of State Competition section in Coaches Manual
- USAD GPA Calculation page (includes training, sample and worksheet documents)
- GPA Transcript Evaluation Worksheet (direct link to USAD Excel document)
- Awards Banquet – Reservation Form
- Hotel Information -DO NOT make your reservations online
- Hotel Reservation and Rooming List – January 31 deadline
- Media Information – online form
- Request for Student Replacement
- T-Shirt Order Form – online form (due by Feb 1 – order will be placed with vendor by Feb 4)
GAD Honor Cord Orders – Links to the online store. Please place orders by May 1. You may place an order for Honor Cords while you are ordering your t-shirts if you wish to include them both on one invoice.
Art and Essay Testing at State Competition
The Art and Essay practice login and actual writing take place two or three weeks prior to competition (this year Feb 4-5 for the practice login and Feb 6-7 for the writing). Coaches, be sure to read over ALL of the below instructions and everything we will email to you.
Below are instructions and other forms necessary for a successful essay competition. The GAD Online Essay Competition Overview PowerPoint can be used to show students how to navigate through the software they will have to use to write their essay. Logins and passwords will be sent to coaches.
The Coach CAN NOT Proctor the Art Test or Essay Competition. The Coach may assist with the practice login and should be present as the students are arriving and logging in on competition day but must LEAVE the Essay location prior to testing. The Coach should be available to the Proctor in case of any questions and to sign the Reporting Form.
State Competition Schedules
The 2019 documents are now available.
The official 2019 information will also be included in the State Competition Handbook which you will receive when you check in at competition.
All schools advancing to state competition will be divided into two groups based on school enrollment: Division I (large), and Division II (small). The division assignments may vary from year to year based on a natural break between the teams advancing to state competition in any given year.
Following all competitive events at state competition, a championship team in each division will be identified. The division champion will be determined as the one with the highest total score for all ten events. The two team members having the highest score in each category (Honor, Scholastic, Varsity) will be counted into the team’s total score for all ten events.
The overall championship team is the division winner with the highest team score. This team will be crowned the State Champion and be the recipient of the Howard Stroud trophy. They will earn the privilege of representing Georgia at the USAD National Finals. The next highest scoring team in a different USAD division than the State Champion will be invited to participate in the USAD Division IV National Finals.
State Champion schools advancing to national competition will be divided into three divisions known as Division I (large), Division II (medium), and Division III (small).