The PAGE Georgia Academic Decathlon 2022 State Competition is currently scheduled as a face-to-face competition at Parkview High School on February 25-26, 2022. We are monitoring situations across the state and will be in touch with registered teams as needed.
The State Competition information below is from LAST YEAR. This information is here as a reference. Please do NOT use these documents for the 2021-22 year. This page will be updated in JANUARY 2022.
State Competition Team Memo – Please read this memo carefully and in its entirety before proceeding.
- Code of Student Conduct, Dress Code, General Rules – pgs 73-75 of State Competition section in Coaches Manual – Answers to many frequently asked questions can be found in these documents. Students will have to acknowledge that they’ve read these documents (some information only pertains to face-to-face competition which is why there is a specific Virtual Honor Code that needs to be submitted by every participating student prior to testing).
All of the forms that need to be returned are either online forms or have been uploaded as Word, .pdf or Excel documents. Save them to your computer, sign (e-signatures are allowed) and return them. Please type directly on the forms whenever possible.
These documents are due by January 27.
- Team Registration – online form
- Team Roster – Excel spreadsheet with 2 tabs – Save to your computer, then complete BOTH tabs, save again and email to State Director
- Virtual Competition Honor Code – Google form (Every participating decathlete must submit this form prior to participating in any state tests, including Essay. If a student participates in any tests without having submitted this form, they will be disqualified from that/those test/s. Decathletes will need their testing login info to complete this form.)
These documents are due by February 3 or the date on the form.
- State Coaches’ Agreement – online form
- USAD GPA Calculation page (includes training, sample and the GPA Transcript Evaluation Worksheet)
- GPA Transcript Evaluation Worksheet (direct link to USAD Excel document) – transcripts/report cards MUST accompany these worksheets
- Student Registration/Parent Permission Form – Word docx
- Request for Special Needs/Consideration – Word docx (only return this if applicable)
- Request for Student Replacement – Online Form (complete this form if a student you listed on your Team Roster isn’t able to participate)
- T-Shirt Order Form – online form (due by Feb 15 – order will be placed with vendor on Feb 16)
Essay Testing at State Competition
The Essay practice login and testing takes place two or three weeks prior to competition. Coaches, be sure to read over ALL of the below instructions and everything we will email to you. Practice logins may take place any time from 8 a.m. Thursday, February 4 through 6 p.m. Friday, February 5. The Round 3/State Official Essay test window will be open on Monday, February 8 and Tuesday, February 9 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. We recommend you plan to test on Monday just in case there are any issues.
Instructions, logins and passwords will be sent to District Coordinators and Coaches. District Coordinators and/or Coaches are responsible for making sure proctors and students have all of the necessary paperwork. Please give your IT department enough time to ensure that there will be no problems during testing.
The Coach CAN NOT Proctor the Essay Competition. The Coach may assist with the practice login and should be present as the students are arriving and logging in on competition day but must LEAVE the room prior to testing. The Coach should be available to the Proctor in case of any questions. (Proctors are not mandatory during this “Most Unusual” year, but are encouraged. Students may test from home.)
State Competition Schedules
The 2021 Competition Schedules are posted below.
We will go over all of this information during our General Assembly on Friday, February 26.
- 2021 Competition Schedule
- 2021 Speech and Interview Schedules – updated 2/19/21 9:32 a.m.
- 2021 Teams with ID number
All schools advancing to state competition will be divided into two groups based on school enrollment: Division I (large), and Division II (small). The division assignments may vary from year to year based on a natural break between the teams advancing to state competition in any given year.
Following all competitive events at state competition, a championship team in each division will be identified. The division champion will be determined as the one with the highest total score for all ten events. The two team members having the highest score in each category (Honor, Scholastic, Varsity) will be counted into the team’s total score for all ten events.
The overall championship team is the division winner with the highest team score. This team will be crowned the State Champion and be the recipient of the Howard Stroud trophy. They will earn the privilege of representing Georgia at the USAD National Finals. The next highest scoring team in a different USAD division than the State Champion will be invited to participate in the USAD Division IV National Finals.
State Champion schools advancing to national competition will be divided into three divisions known as Division I (large), Division II (medium), and Division III (small).
2020-21 Virtual Round 2 Scores
Only Round 2 scores for those teams who have been invited to State Competition are available. These scores are based on only the 7 objective tests.
|Catoosa||Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe||16,578||Clayton||Elite Scholars Academy||18,916|
|Floyd A||Armuchee||15,426||Floyd B||Model||14,183|
|Muscogee A||Shaw||19,983||Muscogee B||Hardaway||19,394|
|Muscogee C||Columbus||18,726||Muscsogee D||Carver||16,523|
|Richmond A||AR Johnson||20,183||Richmond B||Davidson||16,668|
2020-21 Virtual Round 1 Scores
The below teams approved the inclusion of their Round 1 Overall Team Scores. Round 1 consisted of only the 7 objective tests.
|Catoosa||Lakeview Ft. Oglethorpe||18,029|
|APS||North Atlanta||13,243||only 1 Varsity student|
|Clayton||Elite Scholars||10,634.3||TX competition, only 1 Scholastic student, 0 Varsity students|
|Floyd||Model||10,397||only 1 Scholastic student, only 1 Varsity student|