The PAGE Georgia Academic Decathlon 2023 State Competition is currently scheduled as a hybrid competition. The Essay and Art events are scheduled to take place online on February 8-9 (with practice sessions scheduled for Feb 6-7). The remainder of the written tests will be administered online on Thursday, February 23 at students’ home schools. Super Quiz, Speech and Interview will take place in-person at Kennesaw State University on February 24-25.
2022-23 Round 1 Scores
The below teams participated in this year’s Round 1 Scrimmage. Round 1 consisted of only the 7 objective tests.
|Clayton||Elite Scholars Academy||20,128|
|Catoosa||Lakeview-Ft. Oglethorpe HS||16,205|
|Carroll||Villa Rica HS||16,157|
|Richmond||AR Johnson Magnet||14,337|
|APS||North Atlanta HS||14,052|
|APS||Maynard Jackson HS||11,500*|
* Missing one or more scores.
Essay and Online Testing at State Competition
The Essay and Art practice login and testing takes place two or three weeks prior to competition. Coaches, be sure to read over ALL of the below instructions and everything we will email to you. Practice logins may take place any time from 8 a.m. Monday, February 6 through 6 p.m. Tuesday, February 7. The Round 3/State Official Essay and Art test window will be open on Wednesday, February 8 and Thursday, February 9 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. We recommend you plan to test on Wednesday just in case there are any issues. The remainder of the Subject Area Tests are scheduled for Thursday, February 23.
Instructions, logins and passwords will be emailed to District Coordinators and Coaches. District Coordinators and/or Coaches are responsible for making sure proctors and students have all of the necessary paperwork. Please give your IT department enough time to ensure that there will be no problems during testing.
The Coach CAN NOT Proctor the Essay/Art Competition. The Coach may assist with the practice login and should be present as the students are arriving and logging in on competition day but must LEAVE the room prior to testing. The Coach should be available to the Proctor in case of any questions and to sign the Proctor Certification Form after testing is completed.
While the practice session can be done by your decathletes at any point during the practice window, your ENTIRE team must take the Art Test and write their Essays at the SAME time. There are no make-up dates for these tests. Any technical difficulties should be addressed by the proctor ASAP by calling one of the support numbers provided on the emailed instructions.
All schools advancing to state competition will be divided into two groups based on school enrollment: Division I (large), and Division II (small). The division assignments may vary from year to year based on a natural break between the teams advancing to state competition in any given year.
Following all competitive events at state competition, a championship team in each division will be identified. The division champion will be determined as the one with the highest total score for all ten events. The two team members having the highest score in each category (Honor, Scholastic, Varsity) will be counted into the team’s total score for all ten events.
The overall championship team is the division winner with the highest team score. This team will be crowned the State Champion and the recipient of the Howard Stroud trophy. They will earn the privilege of representing Georgia at the USAD National Finals. The next highest scoring team in a different USAD division than the State Champion will be invited to participate in the USAD Division IV National Finals.
State Champion schools advancing to national competition will be divided into three divisions known as Division I (large), Division II (medium), and Division III (small). Team numbers and Division placement will be posted below after all teams have registered for State.
State Competition Registration Paperwork
Updated paperwork for the 2023 State Competition will be posted here in January 2023. The below information is only a sample. Since we are moving venues, much of the information will be different.
State Competition Team Memo – Please read this memo carefully and in its entirety before proceeding.
- Code of Student Conduct, Dress Code, General Rules – pgs 73-75 of State Competition section in Coaches Manual – Answers to many frequently asked questions can be found in these documents. Students will have to acknowledge that they’ve read these documents.
All of the forms that need to be returned are either online forms or have been uploaded as Word, .pdf or Excel documents. Save them to your computer, sign (e-signatures are allowed) and return them. Please type directly on the forms whenever possible.
These documents are due by January 26.
- Team Registration – online form
- Team Roster – Excel spreadsheet with 2 tabs – Save to your computer, then complete BOTH tabs, save again and email to State Director
These documents are due by February 1 or the date on the form.
- State Coaches’ Agreement – online form
- USAD GPA Calculation page (includes training, sample and the GPA Transcript Evaluation Worksheet)
- GPA Transcript Evaluation Worksheet (direct link to USAD Excel document) – transcripts/report cards MUST accompany these worksheets
- Student Registration/Parent Permission Form – pdf
- Request for Special Needs/Consideration – Word docx (only return this if applicable)
- Request for Student Replacement – Online Form (complete this form if a student you listed on your Team Roster isn’t able to participate)
- Hotel Reservation Information and Registration Form – Word docx (due Feb 1)
- T-Shirt Order Form – online form – Order deadline has passed.
- Banquet Ticket Order Form – Order deadline has passed.
State Competition Schedules
These have been updated for the 2022 State Competition. 2023 State competition information will be posted in January 2023.
- 2022 Hybrid Competition Schedule
- REVISED Interview and Speech Schedules! – If any of your students have a conflict with their assigned time, please email Michelle ASAP!
- 2022 Teams with ID number – These are the teams who will be participating IN PERSON at state.
- Parkview Unload and Parking Map – please do not let your bus go behind the school. There is not room for a bus to turn around. Use the bus lane for unloading and then follow instructions for where to park.
2021-22 Round 2 Scores
These scores are based on only the 7 objective tests.
|+Clayton||Elite Scholars Academy||16,077||+Muscogee A||Columbus||15,383|
|+Atlanta A||North Atlanta||14,897||+Floyd A||Armuchee||14,783|
|+Muscogee B||Shaw||14,474||+Floyd B||Model||14,348|
|+Richmond A||Davidson||14,333||+Muscogee C||Rainey-McCullers||14,117|
|+Richmond B||AR Johnson||13,580||+Richmond C||Acad. of Richmond Co||13,227|
|+Atlanta B||Jackson||13,223||+GISA||Holy Innocents'||*12,892|
|+Carroll||Villa Rica||12,582||+Richmond D||Hephzibah||12,455|
|Richmond||Richmond Tech Magnet||11,655||Atlanta||Drew Charter||11,561|
+ = Invited to State Competition.
* = Missing one or more scores.