Student Teacher Achievement Recognition (STAR)
The Professional Association of Georgia Educators (PAGE) – Program Sponsor and State Administrator
P. O. Box 942270, Atlanta, GA 31141-2270 · 770-216-8555 (or Outside Metro Atlanta) 800-334-6861
DATE: January 22, 2018
TO: LOCAL SPONSORS – STAR PROGRAM
FROM: Ann Stucke, Ph.D., PAGE Foundation President
Our office was closed (following the MLK holiday) at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, and remained closed through the remainder of last week due to the icy road conditions. We were preparing the STAR mailing (on Tuesday) when instructed to leave the office. We apologize for this unavoidable delay and appreciate your understanding.
This document is a copy of the email sent to you on January 22, 2018. If you did not receive it, please go to www.pageinc.org/star and then click on “2018 PAGE Local Sponsors” to access the below attachments.
Thank you for serving as a local STAR sponsor and honoring your outstanding 2018 STARS!
This information is very important and time sensitive. To assure us that you received this memo, please CLICK HERE to notify us immediately. Thank you!
Please note: You will receive items 1-2 in a mailing that will be sent to you on Jan. 16, 2018. Items 3-6 can be accessed ONLY online at www.pageinc.org/star.
1. HIGH SCHOOL STAR WINNER Forms- with contact information, etc. for the schools that you sponsor. The students and teachers listed on these information forms have now been officially declared STAR Winners. “SYSTEM WINNERS” are identified in the upper right corner of their information form.
2. AWARD CERTIFICATES– for High School and System STAR Students and Teachers. If you need more, please contact our staff listed below.
3. SYSTEM WINNER LETTERS with IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding the Region Event-
- Please CLICK HERE and CLICK HERE to print a congratulatory letter to give to your System STAR Student(s) and System STAR Teacher(s) along with the System Winner Certificates.
- Be sure to advise your System Winners of the number of tickets you will provide them to attend the Region Event and that you will confirm their attendance at the event with the Region Chair.
4. LOCAL STAR SCHOLARSHIP FORM- If you provide a local scholarship for your STAR student and would like it noted in the State PAGE STAR Banquet Program, please CLICK HERE and complete the requested information by March 9, 2018. CLICK HERE for example.
5. SAMPLE NEWS RELEASE and STAR INFORMATION FOR NEWS MEDIA FORMS-
CLICK HERE to access “Sample STAR News Release and STAR Information for News Media” forms. Complete forms and provide to local media.
6. SCHEDULE OF REGION EVENTS- Inform System Winners of the date for their Region Event. CLICK HERE for a list of region events.
► LOCAL EVENT: In the event you contact your students and teachers directly regarding your local event please be sure to advise school officials, i.e. counselors, principals, etc. of details as well. CLICK HERE to access the Local STAR Contact Check List.
► REGION EVENT: Your Region Chair will contact you with details regarding the Region Recognition Luncheon or Dinner. Please verify the attendance of your System Winners, school counselors and principals, and RSVP to your Region Chair promptly. Reminder: Only students and teachers who are System Winners and their guests are to attend the Region Event. CLICK HERE to access the Student Presentation Guidelines.
► STATE PAGE STAR BANQUET: Is held at the Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta on Monday,
April 23, 2018, with the reception to begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 7:00 p.m. In March, you will receive banquet ticket information. If you have a Region Winner, you will be asked to sponsor your Region STAR Student(s) and STAR Teacher(s) to attend the state event. If not, please consider sending your STAR Students and Teachers to this special final STAR recognition banquet. Please view the short video from last year’s banquet on our website at https://www.pageinc.org/mpage/PageTVstar
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call Lynn Varner or Veronica Sims at the PAGE office – 770-216-8555 or outside Atlanta 800-334-6861. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for all you do for your STARs.