ATTENTION USAD PARTICIPANTS:
The U.S. Academic Decathlon® is excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2022–2023 will be The American Revolution and the New Nation. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas. Please visit www.usad.org to purchase curriculum materials.
- Art: The art curriculum will explore early American art.
- Economics: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will include a thematic section on colonial and early American economic history.
- Literature: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, one long work of literature, and selected shorter works. The long work of literature will be Wieland; or, The Transformation, An American Tale by Charles Brockden Brown.
- Mathematics: The mathematics curriculum will cover algebra, and trigonometry.*
- Music: The music curriculum will present an introduction to early American music.
- Science: The science topic will be an introduction to chemistry and will include brief discussions of significant advancements made in chemistry during the last half of the eighteenth century and the early nineteenth century.**
- Social Science: The social science topic will be the American Revolution and the founding of the United States of America.
The full subject area outlines have been posted on the U.S. Academic Decathlon website (on May 1) and are also published in the U.S. Academic Decathlon Study Guide, which began shipping on May 15.
* The 2022–23 mathematics curriculum and materials are the same as were used for the 2019–20 U.S. Academic Decathlon.
**The 2022–23 Science Resource Guide and Notebook Divider contain much of the same content as the Science Resource Guide, Research Guide, and Notebook Divider from 2009–10 but include some additional material.
Essential Information for Coaches
This section’s title is a link which will direct you to the USAD website for valuable information about the program.
This section’s title is a link which will direct you to the USAD website for the most current Calculator Policy.
For a current list of curriculum updates, visit the curriculum section of the USAD website. http://usad.org/.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on “Student Resources” and click on “Curriculum Updates.” (This section’s header should link you directly to the page.)
(You may be required to log in to view this information. Please contact USAD if you need login information.)
Practice Test Information
For information on ordering Practice Test materials, go to the USAD website http://usad.org/. Scroll down to the bottom and click on “Materials Brochure.” Here you will find all of the different materials that are available from USAD, how much they cost, and how to order them.
Reminder: Curriculum, Practice Tests and other study materials are ordered directly from USAD and not through GAD.