ATTENTION USAD PARTICIPANTS:
The U.S. Academic Decathlon® is excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2023–2024 is Technology & Humanity. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas. Please visit www.usad.org to purchase curriculum materials.
- ART: The art curriculum will explore technology and art.
- ECONOMICS: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will include a thematic section on technology, innovation, and the economy.
- LITERATURE: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, one long work of literature, and selected shorter works. The long work of literature will be The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K. Le Guin.
- MATHEMATICS: The mathematics curriculum will cover general mathematics, geometry, and an introduction to differential calculus.*
- MUSIC: The music curriculum will explore musical works used in science-fiction films.
- SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to neuroscience and will include a section on technology and neuroscience.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: The social science topic will be the history of computers.
The full subject area outlines will be posted on the U.S. Academic Decathlon website <www.usad.org> on May 1 and will be published in the U.S. Academic Decathlon Study Guide, which will be available on May 15.
* The 2023–24 mathematics curriculum and materials will be the same as were used for the 2020–21 U.S. Academic Decathlon.
This section’s title is a link which will direct you to the USAD website for valuable information about the program.
This section’s title is a link which will direct you to the USAD website for the most current Calculator Policy.
For a current list of curriculum updates, visit the curriculum section of the USAD website. http://usad.org/.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on “Student Resources” and click on “Curriculum Updates.” (This section’s header should link you directly to the page.)
(You may be required to log in to view this information. Please contact USAD if you need login information.)
Practice Test Information
For information on ordering Practice Test materials, go to the USAD website http://usad.org/. Scroll down to the bottom and click on “Materials Brochure.” Here you will find all of the different materials that are available from USAD, how much they cost, and how to order them.
Reminder: Curriculum, Practice Tests and other study materials are ordered directly from USAD and not through GAD.