2013 PAGE Annual Business Meeting
Summary of Proposed Changes to PAGE By-laws
Basically the revisions comprise five general categories:
1. Editing for clarity and consistency while eliminating dated, unnecessary sections.
2. Modernization of language for a 1970’s document (i.e. “he/she” rather than “he”)
3. Establishing the June meeting as the first of the new year for PAGE and noting the Annual Meeting change to a virtual meeting.
4. Codifying what had become organizational practice over the years regarding elections, appointments, etc. where it conflicted with existing by-law language.
5. We add a District 13 to the existing 12 Districts for membership organization and representation.
Two new concepts are introduced:
Article VII, Section 4: Meetings stresses the importance of attendance at board meetings and establishes a procedure to be followed when a board member misses two consecutive meetings without extenuating circumstances.
Article III, Section 3: PAGE seeks ways for retired members to continue to be a part of PAGE. Their wealth of knowledge and experience could be extremely beneficial to the organization in areas such as legislative and professional learning. We seek to amend our Bylaws to allow for 2 new seats on the Board to be filled by retired Georgia educators who are retired members of PAGE. These seats would be appointed by the President and approved by the Board and would have full voting rights on the Board. They would serve a 3 year term.
Click here to read a complete set of By-laws including proposed changes. As you review the revised document please note that underlining denotes new language while strike throughs denote language that will be deleted.